Monday, July 23, 2007

Young at (He)art*

*I think I owe this expression, as well as countless photo credits, to Amber, but after seeing this photo with Ted's grandma and great aunt in the foreground, I just had to use it! We were thrilled to play last Friday night for the Dixon's "Young at Art" membership group. As you can see, this early gig also gave us the opportunity to welcome some family and friends who don't usually get to see us play.

Of course, we were glad to have many of the usual suspects on-hand, too!


Thanks to Maggie and everyone at the Dixon for having us and keeping the beer cold. It was a good way to start the weekend, and it's always great to make some new friends. Here's what we played:
THANK YOU, HERMAN MANKIEWICZ
SO MUCH CLEARER
SINCE I’VE BEEN GONE
OTIS REDDING SONG
STRIKE
WATERLOO SUNSET
SIMON SAYS
NOTHING TO SEE HERE
CHRISTMAS EVE 1998
MY FRIENDS, TOO
I’M ON FIRE
YEAR 55
DRIFT AWHILE
PSYCHIC LULLABY
DON’T YOU STARE
PERPETUAL AFTERNOON
KEEPING STILL
DEARLY BLUE
WHAT THEY MEAN
TIME TO KILL
SECRETS TO SING
BACK FROM LITTLE ROCK
HEAVYWEIGHT
WHAT MAKES YOU THINK
I’M ALRIGHT
HOLLOW MOON
I’M ONLY SLEEPING
STARTOWN GAZING
GREAT BIG COSMIC
IF I WANTED YOU

I'll be playing a "solo" set at MO's Edge Coffeehouse (3521 Walker, near the U of M) this Saturday, July 28 at 6 p.m. with one of my dearest friends, Matt Oliver, joining me on lead guitar. Some of you may have seen us play at Otherlands last December. We're opening for the fabulous Archives, who are celebrating the release of their fine new full-length CD and the birth of some Archive babies! There is no cover charge! MO's does serve food, if you wish to dine there that evening. And as long as you're willing to pay a $2/person "corkage" fee and are over 21 years of age, you're welcome to bring your own beer and/or wine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home