Monday, June 18, 2007

Tying It All Together

Meet Eula--our good friend and former star student. Always a beacon of creativity and fun fashion, Eula appeared at Saturday night's Borders gig in perhaps my favorite Eula creation to date. It's the ideal Standards gig-wear: a handmade necktie skirt. That's right, folks--you're looking at a skirt sewn together from several dozen old, out-of-fashion ties. (Editor's Note: I would probably have worn any of these ties before they were assembled into Eula's skirt, but I've never claimed to be a beacon of anything--especially fashion.) So, how fun is that?! After the gig, Eula and Beth indulged me while I detailed my plan to use the necktie skirts to save the world. Hmmm--how did I manage to make this my idea?

We had a great couple of sets and enjoyed being enjoyed by a buncha nice people. Here are some of the friends you missed making by not being there!

Alright, so the dude on the right is your friend, even though you weren't there on Saturday. The handsome fella on the left probably would be, too, if given the chance!

I
STRIKE
DRIFT AWHILE
MY FRIENDS, TOO
BACK FROM LITTLE ROCK
HEAVYWEIGHT
SINCE I’VE BEEN GONE
OTIS REDDING SONG
PERPETUAL AFTERNOON
DON’T YOU STARE
GREAT BIG COSMIC
DAMAGED DOLLAR
THANK YOU, HERMAN MANKIEWICZ
YEAR 55
ROSEMARY

II
LEMON
ENDLESS GREEN AND BLUE
KEEPING STILL
NOTHING TO SEE HERE
HOLLOW MOON
WHEN YOUR FEET STEP UNEXPECTED ON MY MAT
SO MUCH CLEARER
SECRETS TO SING
SIMON SAYS
WHAT THEY MEAN

2 Comments:

At 9:04 PM , Blogger The Beaudoins said...

I know Sarah E, Jan, and Rachel! I have for years- back when I was in high school I ran with the "Jew Crew". I was their token gentile.

and Jan is a Lausanne alumna!

 
At 12:03 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm pretty sure the necktie that Jeff is wearing in the picture with the red shirt should have gone into Eula's tie skirt...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home