Thursday, January 19, 2006

Long Time Coming


Hard to believe, but this picture was taken the last time we played a full set as a band--in the year 2005! Despite what our lightweight apparel may indicate, it was not summer of 2005. It was actually an 80-degree day in November.

So, this weekend, we're celebrating the 5th anniversary of Ted and Jeff's first show together (and Ted's upcoming nuptials!) at Borders in Germantown, TN. We're always psyched to play Borders, because there's usually a lot of people there who know the words and like to sing along. If you're somewhere in the region, we sure hope you'll come on out and join the fun.

We'll be playing two brand new cover tunes, as well as six new originals that we're looking to record in the very near future. Of course, most of the show's material will come from our new record, CAN'T REMEMBER THE LAST TIME, with a handful of tunes from REFRAIN to keep everybody folk-rockin' old school.

Look forward to seeing you on Saturday, Memphis folks! Have a great weekend, everyone!!

THE CENTRAL STANDARDS
Live at Borders Books & Music
Saturday, January 21 - 7-9 p.m.
6685 Poplar Avenue
All ages--no cover charge

6 Comments:

At 4:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I allowed to say that the hat Jeff is wearing makes him look sexy? Just wanted to ask - dohrmann.

 
At 7:41 AM , Blogger Betsy said...

I'm not sure who Dohrmann is, but I concur. And I'm his wife's best friend. How illicit! Actually, I was just going to say the whole band looks quite hep! Way to style guys.

 
At 7:42 AM , Blogger Betsy said...

When I said "his wife's best friend" I meant Jeff's, not Dohrmann's. I think Dohrmann is a girl.....should I know who Dohrmann is?!??!

 
At 1:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

eejaydee, it's actually better that you don't know who Dohrmann is, but I'll give you a hint. He's a maaaaan, baby! He's also the fabulous former drummer of Jay-C's college band, Bronwyn Rae (sp?) and an all around cool dude.

 
At 2:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dohrmann--you're making me blush, baby. And eejaydee, well, I'm simply speechless...for once.

 
At 11:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

T-ho is a good man, but he is right, it's better that you don't know me. A little known fact about Dohrmann (yes I'm speaking about myself in third person), according to the band 10shy, is that I prefer crack-rocks to flowers when I go on dates. However, I don't go on dates anymore since I'm married. But, Jeff still looks damn sexy in that hat.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home